Your Brand Scorecard – Part 2: 20 questions for clarity
June 23, 2022 By BEAM
If you haven’t already, please check out Part 1 of this series: Your Brand Scorecard – A two-dimensional concept.
A child’s report card can bring feelings of joy, excitement, and pride; it can also cause concern, frustration, and uncertainty. In either case, the reporting period marks a new beginning to set goals as well as reflect on past work habits, achievements, and hardships. We have developed our report card for brands– your feelings may be the same.
Learn more: The building of a Brand Center series
To produce your scorecard, rate each of the 20 items below on a scale of one to five, with five being best in class and one being impromptu behavior.
- Impromptu (1): Team is reactive (not proactive) as challenges emerge
- Planned (2): Cycles of planning are centralized and top down
- Functional (3): Cycles of planning are distributed down throughout the organization
- Progressive (4 : Delivery of brand ideas is empowered from the bottom up
- Best-in-Class (5): Resilient organizational approach that harnesses all modes of delivery
- Dynamic guidelines: How well do you leverage technology and design to move beyond traditional static PDF presentations and tell your brand story?
- Evolving leadership style: How well do you balance the needs to govern like a cop and encourage like a concierge?
- Embedded learning: How well do you systemize user training and education of the appropriate way to deploy the brand across touchpoints?
- AI and ML tools: How well do you leverage AI and ML tools to track compliance across the brand collateral and information that is in your systems and file storage?
- Content calendar: How well does your department plan the content that users need to leverage to effectively portray the brand to audiences, customers, and stakeholders?
- User generated content: How well does your organization invite, encourage, and collect good ideas from employees and partners who work with the brand every day?
- Public facing approach: How well do you provide access to brand assets to an extended group of brand users who have informal or loose ties to your brand’s deployment?
- User research: How well do you test and evaluate that the tools that you have in place meet the needs of various groups, regions, and partners?
- Tech stack definition: How well do you organize your technology roadmap to ensure that the firm and suppliers understand the tech ecosystem you need to manage the brand?
- System integration: How well do you develop the API and metadata connection to ensure that the activation of the brand is efficiently delivered?
- Workflow approach: How thoroughly do you provide approvals, annotations, and feedback to the creative process in your brand activities?
- IT fit: How well do you partner with your IT team to understand their shifting requirements and make sure your tech selections are consistent with those requirements?
- Link to brand research: How extensively do you evaluate your brand governance approach by linking effort deployed to in-market perceptions and sales results?
- Usage analysis: How well do you leverage analytics to find insights on the brand management activities that need additional support or the ones that need to be reduced?
- Consistent reporting: How well do you deliver performance insights that are visible to the organization so that they are able to understand how the brand evolves?
- Brand understanding: How well do you organize your brand communication so that employees at different levels have measures that show the impact of the brand?
- Brand definition: How strategically do you organize your brand story to ensure that the foundation of the brand is understood with a shared meaning among all stakeholders?
- Design system: How well do you deliver guidelines to ensure that they are accessible to employees and the intention is delivered to users of the brand?
- Brand training: How well do you build approaches that deliver a one-to-all method for updating and informing users of the brand of changes, updates, and refinement?
- Employee recognition: How effectively do you encourage employees to engage in the brand so that ownership is distributed and internalized down to the individual?
Sum up your scores then email them to us at firstname.lastname@example.org to get a comparison to firms likes yours.